- National Center for Transgender Equality – According to their website, NCTE is “the nation’s leading social justice advocacy organization winning life-saving change for transgender people.”
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project – SRLP’s website states that the organization, “works to guarantee that all people are free to self-determine gender identity and expression, regardless of income or race, and without facing harassment, discrimination or violence.”
- Transgender Law Cener – TLC “works to change law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression. We envision a future where gender self-determination and authentic expression are seen as basic rights and matters of common human dignity.”
Individual Websites/Blog Articles
Local (Philadelphia & PA Suburbs) Organizations for LGBTQA+ Youth/Adults (read description)
- Attic Youth Center Philadelphia’s only independant LGBTQA+ youth center. Read more >
- CHOP’s Gender and Sexuality Development Clinic – Among other services, offers consultation regarding transgender issues and offers hormonal suppression of adolescent development to buy time for the family to help their child explore what their feelings about gender expression mean to them. Read More >
- LGBT Equality Alliance – “Partners with businesses, community groups, schools, and corporations to support LGBTQ+ community members in Chester County” through: social support, education support, and health support.
- Mainline Youth Alliance – Teen/young adult drop-in center Read more >
- Mazzoni Center LGBT Health & Wellness Center in Philly Read more >
- Planned Parenthood – Pottstown – Offers sliding scale (affordable) HRT. STD testing.
- The Renaissance of Southeastern Pennsylvania (Transgender Association, Inc) – Provides peer support for adults, via monthly support group meetings, who are exploring their gender identity. They welcome anyone who considers themselves transgender, whether they identify as a crossdresser, transsexual, transgendered, intersexed, or are still discovering who they are. Spouses, friends, and interested professionals are also welcome. Members have diverse backgrounds, occupations and ethnicities. Chapters in Wilmington, DE, Wayne, PA, Trexlertown, PA.
- The SPOT – Planned Parenthood runs a LGBTQ youth support group. There may be groups run at different locations but I know there is one that is hosted by the West Chester office.
- Valley Forge OB/GYN/Axia Women’s Healthcare – Dr. K Ashley Brandt provides LGBT affirmative healthcare, including transgender services/HRT/surgery. (Note: This is a private practice but they take many different insurance plans.)
- William Way LGBT Community Center – “From social groups, networking events, and counseling and support services to art exhibitions and cultural experiences, the Center consistently strives to provide new and innovative programs for the LGBT communities of Philadelphia.” This is to be a very active group with multiple social activities going on every day of the week. Peer counseling and volunteer opportunities are also available.